Thursday, August 12, 2010

Site for lives lost to autism

So the BuZz at AoA is that there is a website dedicated to stories of persons whose lives were lost to autism.
According to some of the comments those who are (not my phrasing) neurodiversity groupies are hating this website and that us (my phrasing) anti-antivaccinators are blogging like mad bitching about it.

Personally, I think a memorial website might be helpful to those who are struggling to come to terms with the loss of a loved one.  (This site though, sounds like it is more of another way to demonize autism rather than be a place of healing)  I do have issues with the phrasing (lives lost to autism? Last I checked you can not die from autism...) but hey.. I have not lost a child-never mind one on the spectrum. 

I have no intentions of checking the website out myself.  It takes up all my courage and gumption just to pop in at Age of Insanity to see what they are up to. (haha)

Seriously, though, reading those comments has me wondering about so many things. I wonder why anyone would want to wallow in the tragic stories.  I wonder why the Age of Antivaccines care if other bloggers like the new website and, well, I wonder why there are so many scarey people online.

I wonder why people insist on talking crap about their children being less, about the lable being responsible for all their woes from weariness to death and about how miserable their lives are.

I am ever grateful to have found the online community where children matter more than rage...

So hugs and prayers for all those who are struggling with grief, Hugs and laughter to any that will accept that laughter is a wonderful thing.

1 comment: